« Home | I'm thinking, it's time for some change » | I got my computer back!! Woo! » | The party sure is on » | I'm taking this 'short' study break to tell y'all ... » | Today's been a super-productive day, despite me on... » | a giftcard for fashion! how did you know? » | Sometimes I wonder what my breaking point is. Like... » | I'm going home soon! I'm going home soon! Tomorrow... » | I think I'm going through withdrawal. Withdrawal f... » | for you »

a good time was had by all

Christmas. What is there to say? This was a year like any other. Kids' Christmas program on Christmas Eve in the evening, presents after. Unfortunatly, also church the next morning. I said this morning I don't remember being so forlorn in a church before. Then I realized I had thought about Church of the Rock the whole time, wishing I was spending it there. With my family of course. I was tempted to go into the city this morning, by myself, or with whoever I could scrounge up. I know I was being mean, but I was bored to tears the whole morning. All I could think about was here are all these people. Oh, over there are some of the guys I went to sunday school with. Oh, and her over there..etcetcetc. But, I figure since I'm going in tomorrow for one stupid work shift, it doesn't really make sense. And tomorrow, tomorrow is the Christmas gathering. Also feeling like it will be same old, same old. How could it ever change?

I've noticed in the last few years that, the Christmas season never really even hit me, not even on Christmas Day, singing Christmas Carols, none of that stuff. I haven't been in the "Christmas Spirit" for as long as I can remember. But I think I'm beginning to realize why I don't feel it anymore. Not only am I not involved in silly little Christmas plays, I think that, in the past, years ago, Christmastime is the only time I ever really felt like a Christian. Now I feel it all the time. Like, I wouldn't say that Christmas is the only time I acted like a Christian, not that I'd remember.

So, partypeople...how was the party?