« Home | let's go » | I just watched Garden State with Annie and Marcia.... » | As geeky as this is going to come out, I just spen... » | weebles wobble » | workworkwork. I'm so tired of work. I dislike work... » | This is a long post-title that has nothing to do w... » | returning » | home » | one last time » | almost.out. »

more than useless

I was honestly about two thoughts and three steps (approximately) from just quitting my job today. I wanted to say 'make Friday my last!' I was honestly on the edge of sanity for a while there. I considered all the place I could work (not too many options, you know), and that kept me happy for awhile. But about an hour or two later, I noticed, hey, I'm okay now. I just don't know why, but I was okay.

Then I amused myself with the idea that I have a kind of happiness equilibrium. If you know anything about economics, it's like the price level equilibrium of an economy. Yeah, doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you don't know economics. But I returned to the same level of happiness prior to hating my job. The process would be like sanity returning to me. The equilibrium occurs where the...demand for happiness intersect the....supply of it...hmm, I need to come up with better analogies for short run aggregate demand and supply. Not that that's interesting to anyone but me...