« Home | define: » | craziest week ever » | Just because it seems I have a little bit of energ... » | Because sometimes, you just need to take over the ... » | Wow, so, okay, I start my new job tomorrow. Tomorr... » | In honour of being home, and trying out my parents... » | I am a flower quickly fadingHere today and gone to... » | You know, the funniest part of the drive back to W... » | A couple of weeks ago we went on a young adults re... » | The ice we played broom ball on.our broomball team... »

hands down

The profound entry once again will have to wait, as I am currently filling my mind with all things Irish potato famine, whig oligarchy, chartism, jacobitism, mercantilism, etc... I know, my life is very enviable. But tomorrow, after my exam...I'm getting a facial...ahhhh....exciting and relaxing all at once.

My car's been making funny noises lately. It's going to the garage as soon as I get home (thursday!). Yup, it's going to see pistol pete (har har). So, this evening, me and Ra(y) ventured out to catch the last snippets of sunlight in the air. The Weather Network forcasted a mere twenty more minutes until the sunset at 8:40, so we had to make quick business of it. After first stopping by Blessings to buy preliminary mother's day presents, and getting recommendations for coffee from the guy who 'knew' what Rae's email address included, we actually went to Tim Horton's for our nightly coffees instead of Starbucks, as the friendly Blessings/Starbucks employee readily offered. Then it was straight to Dairy Queen, where I had my latest, very unfortuate, craving satisfied. That is, a blizzard with anything cheesecake. This time I chose brownie pieces and cheesecake. It was...so-so. Anyway, after waiting and waiting for the drive thru line to subside, I could back out of my parking spot. Upon doing so, I realized that my car would make a horrible noise whenever I would turn left, or accelerate, or pretty much...drive. Cruising down Pembina, we could pinpoint the problem down to the front left tire, something was making an awful scraping noise, but distinctively was related to speed. Insert hilarious conversation about how to explain this sound to a mechanic. Really, hilarious it was. Once arriving at home, I was determined to get a grasp on what was wrong so I could explain it to someone competent...or as Ra(y) mentioned...oh I won't go there. Anyway, climbing out the car, I simply discovered that........the mud flap-thinger for the front tire had somehow gotten not where it was supposed to be (like one of those plastic things you used to put on your bike frame, and would hit the spokes) and was the obvious cause of the disgusting noises previously emanating (yes that's how you spell it, I checked) from my poor car. Long story, not so funny.

I was expecting and was prepared for you to be angry, so just be angry...just don't expect me to feel.... anything.