« Home | what is my hobby » | grood!...i mean great...and...good » | I went to the mall today. St. Vital. First time ev... » | Something I forgot to say before...when me and Yvo... » | One more distraction » | Weepy Wednesdays » | Rae's New Blog! » | Rae's dilemma » | New Look and thanksgiving » | The Weekend »

What's with today, today?

I just watched A Cinderella Story with my little sister. Which, I'm obligated to say, was just another tired retelling of the same old story. I, of course, think that story has been done to death, so why does it keep coming back? Why persist in beating a horse long-dead? I have to note here, that my favourite movie is, in fact Ever After. Even so, they all follow the same basic elements. Almost to the letter. Even though I thought this latest attempt was lame and half-hearted, who (what girl, I mean) can help but be naturally drawn to the story? There's something absolutely irresistible about it. I have my own reasons. Who wouldn't love to be the princess? And, in more recent stories, what girl wouldn't love to be completely empowered and independent, and then have Prince Charming ride in? It seems so obvious, to have a man rescue her from the situation that her father intentionally or unintentionally left her in. I in no way object to this idea. I think it's pretty much accurate. But, enough on a freakin movie, after all...fairy tales aren't real....right?

So I'm home now. I haven't been for two weeks. It definetly feels good. Yeah, good to be home I guess. One thing though, I never ever seem to pack what I mean to and always end up without glasses or something pretty important. (Although I swear I packed them) Tomorrow I'm going to the new Superstore in town. If I had less ambition, I'd be working there now! That sounds a bit mean. Kinda ironic that I have a Superstore application on the floor in my room in the city. But, that being said...I need a job. Pretty much badly. Weeeell, no not really. I just don't like having to worry about money, plus I actually do have a loan, so I can still say I need a job.

Can I just take a moment to say that I've only got the best roommate in the world? Kinda makes me sad that I (probably) won't be living with her next year. Because she's nice and can stick with bad situations, when I'm the type of person who just leaves. You're a bigger person, Rae. Thanks for the C. Rolls.