« Home | First, a public service announcement. Don't jump d... » | Happy Birthday Joely-Poely!!! » | Every six months, I go to the dentist and have the... » | Mondays are my favorite TV days. I never used to w... » | It's back to work tomorrow. Not like I a had a bre... » | What's red, green, and CHOCOLATE? Yum, candy cane ... » | I'm sending you a valentine So I figured I should ... » | I must've said 'oh dear' about a billion times tod... » | Oh dear 'Oh dear' is my phrase of the moment. Pink... » | I just got an email saying that, if I was against ... »

So, much to say about this evening. Shall I start at the beginning? Carilee, Jenelle, and I are trying to find exactly where this house is. It's outside of Steinbach, and it's kind of like trying to find Cherise or Gina's house if you've never been there. Without gravel roads of course, just a lot of darkened driveways. Well, we drove past the road we were supposed to drive down and Jenelle was going to pull a U-turn, but she goes a little too far off the road. We end up completely stuck, so me n Carilee decide to get out and push, which is our only option, well other than wasting and hour waiting for a tow truck which we really didn't need, especially since we were about a ten minute walk from the house. While we were getting out, a car pulls up behind us. I check out the roof. Nice, lights. So this officer gets out and asks us if we need a tow truck. Well, we figure we only needed a little push, so he gets a shovel out of his car. Meanwhile, another car pulls up behind him. Another RC officer. Short time later, another car, while two. So these four guys (two of the very cute I tell ya) decide to push the car from the front and have her back out. Of course this works, because these guys I'm sure could have lifted her car. So that was the happy fun adventure.

So, we got to the house at about 8:20 or so, pretty bad considering she was originally expecting us for 7:30. We get these newsletters from last year's season, pretty much what is exactly on the website. Then she recites everything she told me during our first phone conversation. Except that time, I had a lot more to say. I was expecting individual interviews, the whole thing. The whole time she was holding her 7 month old baby, who was absolutely beautiful, happy and smiling. So the whole time in a nutshell: she talked like we were all coming this summer, 'when you get there...', 'you'll do this...'. When she had revealed to us that she had four more interviews next week, and only two available positions. Well, as my sister and brother in law like to say...thanks for coming out. Plus we figured at 7 days a week, 10 hours a day, and 1400 a month, that's five dollars an hour. Thanks for coming out. So right now, I'm waiting for the lodge from Ontario to call me, see if they can give me any more hope. I have to say again, her children are gorgeous. My favourite is the one who says she is 'two old'. So cute! During the interview she tapped me on the knee and led me to where mine and her mom's coffee cups are and she showed me how she put our coasters on top of our cups. She only talks in whispers and she actually likes coffee. That's my kind of kid. I will actually be very very sad if I never see those kids again.

Plan A1 and A2 for the future (well, summer) are either of the fishing lodges, although I wouldn't give much of a chance on either. Plan B is...I don't know working through the summer at whatever full time job I can find. Plan C...uh, find some guy and make him marry me so I don't have to think about the future any more? Jokes! Unpossible!