« Home | oh yeah...does anyone wanna go to the casting crow... » | okay kids » | cruel summer » | welcome homeI really didn't mean to make this post... » | i'm it » | So, truth is...I haven't been sleeping very well. ... » | For the second time ever, and the first time all i... » | Today I went to church in Winkler for the second t... » | woo-woo! I haven't been up this late in many many ... » | it all starts with a.... »

oh and yet another....

wedding I went to yesterday. Except it was all in low german. With a looooong sermon. So, I mean I could understand the basics like...Ons Voda em Himmel, wie dank du fer dis ...and dat...etc. Made me laugh though, that she walked down the aisle to 'The Rose'. And the word 'meddelpunkt' which phonetically sounds like 'metal-punk' but actually means the 'middle point' (like to have Jesus be the center of the marriage). I'm learning I'm learning. But not for long! Only two weeks left now, it looks like. Oh, funny story. Don't buy wedding cards when you're in a hurry. I got all ready for the wedding, and I was in a hurry, and I went to Superstore to find a card, and I was incredibly uncomfortable being so dressed up in a grocery store, but I digress. I was looking through these cards at the wedding section, saw one with nice pretty flowers on the front, very simple, I skim-read it, bought it and left. When I got to the church and re-read it, I discovered that it did in fact say 'Happy Anniversary.' Yeah. Right. So I quickly scribbled on the card and replaced that with 'Happy Wedding Day.' I promise you they'll never even notice.

Funny though, how love songs seem to make sense now...