« Home | tonight = weirdest night ever » | Kendra seems to think my room is messy. Not saying... » | beauty in the breakdown... » | I think I need a puppy. Holly asked me whose shoul... » | You know that question...how many licks does it ta... » | It's official » | You know you're in trouble when.... » | Has your week ever just turned around from what yo... » | I just can't stay away from blogging... » | Today, driving home, I listened to the song Don't ... »

mexico

This is basically the email I just sent out to everyone, and so I don't have to write a whole other thing....

I'd like to thank you guys for keeping me and the rest of my group in your prayers. You've got no idea what those words alone to me have meant this week.

As you all obviously know, my team and I will be heading to Mexico this Saturday, and I just wanted to let you guys know kinda what would be going on while I'm there. Well, we'll be arriving in Brownsville, Texas at about noon on Sunday. We'll be checking into a hotel there, and crossing the border to Matamoros for the Sunday evening service. We'll return to Texas for the night. On Monday, we'll cross the border again and travel straight to the village where we'll be staying during the week. Sorry, I can't remember the name, but I'll have it when I get back. All I know is that it's a fishing village on the east coast of Mexico, around the area of Las Palmos. Monday will be used for settling in and getting ready. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdsay, we'll be ministering to the people there, including children's and women's ministries, and possibly construction work (who knows). Friday we're heading back to the city of Matamoros, and we'll most likely be visiting the hospital there, (and so will all of my stuffed animals :) There also might be time for visiting a market while there, although only time allowing. For the night we'll be heading back into Brownsville, where we'll be staying in another motel. (woo! showers!) And then on Saturday morning, we'll be leaving Brownsville at about 6 AM, and arriving on Sunday at about 3-4 PM. So that's just a short overview of what we could possibly be doing.

So I just wanted to let you all know that each of you are specifically in my prayers as well. But if you could pray specifically for the health of the team, a lot of us have been struggling with various sicknesses including mono. And for me, I just got my hep A/B shot, so it's too soon to be effective. Pray as God leads you to...we appreciate each one :)

God bless... Mexico is a wonderful place, but just be careful. The people are great, but the Matamoros area has been plagued by drug cartel violence and kidnappings. I will pray for you. I think what you are doing is wonderful. God bless!

UT LAWYER

sounds like you will have a very stretching, but rewarding experience. I'm really excited for you! I'll be praying! Have a great time Jenny!

Post a Comment