« Home | Erase and Rewind » | Don't look back » | Did I ever tell you I work in a place full of mirr... » | The explanation » | Ok, I was in the middle of a whole really long ent... » | goodness » | Late walks » | the job » | S is for sucks » | wooooooeednesdays »

The Midnight Run

Every day at about 11, me and Rae go for a little run. It's the best time of day. Even when one of us doesn't feel like it, the other will. It's the perfect way to end the day. Today I wore my new jacket *beams*...yeah silly, but still, it's getting cold. While my boss was ringing up my shiny-new jacket, however, I asked if Sundays off might not be feasible. She said not every Sunday, and asked if I could start at one, and I think that's where we ended up at. Which is cool. Jump these hurdles one at a time. Next on the agenda, get confirmation from my Mom that it's okay that I won't be home much this Christmas. It's okay with me, but I need it to be okay with her. Um, so work was good today.

I've begun to realize I can't say, 'life, it's my way or the highway'. I just doesn't work that way. I just get angry and discouraged when things don't go as I want them to. I basically need to embrace everything that comes my way, or I'll never be happy. Which isn't to say that I'll be taking life sitting down. I still feel like I have a certain degree of control over how my life will end up.

Today in psychology, we were talking about perception, and you know the proverbial tree in the forest. Apparently it doesn't make a sound. Sound is created in your head, as an interpretation of sensation. So, if there is something, and no one ever sees, hears, thinks about, smells, etc...apparently it doesn't exist. If no one remembers you after you die...did you ever exist?

jenny, are you working wednesday night?

Yes kenj, I am...but don't tell me if you're doing anything fun, I will only feel bad :(...make it thursday? :)

Post a Comment