« Home | I came home this weekend to go to a wedding. A wed... » | Could I just say that summer could not come any fa... » | Remember boys and girls... » | more than useless? » | something worth knowing » | I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm done with ... » | Going back to the city tomorrow. Doooon't really w... » | Well, it's 2006. Does that mean I have to be intro... » | It's official, my parents' computer completely cra... » | I've been having issues getting new stuff up here,... »

"Not all those who wander are aimless, not those who seek truth, beyond definition, beyond image" That's from the movie Mona Lisa Smile, which I watched this afternoon. I remember watching it before, but I don't really think I got it last time. I also don't think I was living away from home the first time I saw it. And that quote doesn't really sum up how I feel about it, I just thought it was cool. What the movie did make me feel though, was that I am the luckiest ever to be living now, and pretty much no generation earlier. I don't know how I could fulfill certain expectations that would be required of me. I just...couldn't be that kind of girl. Although I suppose the movie was about upper class families, and being a lowish class mennonite in any country I could probably get away with a lot. I think it seems that the farther down you are in the 'class' system (don't fool yourself, it's there) the fewer expectations there are, the more freedom you have. I don't know what I'm saying really, just some thoughts I'm having.

I also read Thunder of Heaven today. Good book. Strange though, very weird.