« Home | the daylight is awful dim with shudders pulled rim... » | I'm having somewhat of the longest day ever, and I... » | "Not all those who wander are aimless, not those w... » | I came home this weekend to go to a wedding. A wed... » | Could I just say that summer could not come any fa... » | Remember boys and girls... » | more than useless? » | something worth knowing » | I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm done with ... » | Going back to the city tomorrow. Doooon't really w... »

I've been a lot of things to a lot of people...consistently. Which is to say, I've been no one person consistently. I've been the soft-spoken obliging friend, who'll always help, who has her own reasons for doing so. The always happy one, who wants no one to see anything upset her. The closet cynic, emerging only ever to bare her claws so as to be left alone. I've been the 'worldly bad example' and the 'naive small town girl' all in the same time frame. I've told several different people today in answer to their obligatory "how are you?" question: 'okay' with a frown, 'good!' with a grin, and fine. If I said 'good' and I wasn't, it was either because you don't really care, or I really don't want to tell you how I am. Today anyway.

I don't know how you feel about who I am...but I recently had an acquaintance that I spend a fair amount of time with express a bit of shock that I go to church. I admit, when I'm around him, my good girl attitude rarely gets the chance to shine. But that's the thing then...I've met so many people, all of them awesome...and really nice, but whose beliefs aren't necessary mine, or what i've been told. When I moved to the city, I don't know what I thought...that people that don't believe the same thing as me would be evil, mean, etc? I hesitate to include the description of 'partiers' in my description of what is not good, as a lot of people like to, because I'm starting to find that well...a lot nice people can be found, and a pretty good time, if you just see beyond the stigma you've been taught to attribute to such people.

Oh, and how am I? I'm...okay...*frowns*

Hi Genevieve

I've read some of your posts. I am amazed that your image of yourself is *so* inconsistent with my (gradually building) view of you - as I read your blog.

Here's what I see:

You share yourself on your blog. You are bold, strong, open, courageous and generous. You're honest (which is rare). You're outgoing.

You wrote you have trust issues. Sure, but who isn't? You wrote about claws, ok so you defend yourself... we'd all be nuts not to.

You're a sensible Christian who doesn't hide away in church or at home. You're out there and interacting with people. You're bold and confident enough to tell them you go to church. They are surprised/shocked only because you're so down to earth. How cool is that! :)

You're sensitive and it seems like sometimes you feel like you're a bit "all over the place". Welcome to having working feelings. No one in "Sex in the city" is in touch with their feelings!

You have real feelings... in today's society people who actually *feel* are rarer and rarer.

You're have great values (you wrote you're a "barlow" girl). You're a fully-functioning person. I read your tags: you're a woman who is self aware and has wonderful ambitions to love and be loved.

I see someone who has so much going for her... awesome!

Cheers,
Mark.

Post a Comment