« Home | Alright, it's after 1 am on Friday night. So depen... » | New Beginnings, and, uh Stuff Hey, so this is me. ... » | test »

Bonding over Dr.Pepper
I went out for lunch today. It was my aunt's birthday, so we went to KFC/Pizza Hut. I sat at a table with one of my younger cousins alone. We are both one of the 'middle children' of four kids of the same gender, and both know what's it's like to be ignored. He and I were always a little closer, each other's favourites, if that makes any sense, since he is only 7 or 8. I was making small talk, as I always do with children. He asked me who my favourite football player was, I said I didn't really watch football. I asked who my favourite player should be. I now have a favourite football player, I don't remember his name, but he plays for the Miami Colts. My cousin is going to be a famous football player someday, or so he told me. I just smiled.

He also asked me who my best friend was. I didn't answer for a while. I carefully said, "Well, I've never really had a best friend." He named a few of his best friends, and then out of compassion I'm assuming, asked me if I had lots of friends, after all, I must, right? Then of course he needed the name of one, which he carefully repeated. I love kids.

-------------------------

Ever notice how, when your life revolves around yourself, your own foolish desires, your entire existance seems to get hopeless and more and more futile? But when you begin to put others, and other's causes above yourself, life seems to have new meaning? I'm not getting too deep here or anything, just making a simple observation. Even the smallest cause, be it wrong or right, if we put it above ourselves and our motives, our life seems to gain more meaning and insight, and all the things we wished for ourselves, needed or not, are either forgotten about or provided.